Savory Chickpea Flour Pancakes (Egg-free and Gluten-free)
These healthy egg-free and gluten-free chickpea flour pancakes are incredibly tasty and easy to prepare. As they don't contain any gluten or eggs, they are also suitable for celiacs and all those bothered by egg allergy.
If you didn't try chickpea flour in your meals yet, I would definitely start with these pancakes. They have a fine nutty flavor that is just delicious together with melted cheese. Pancakes have high content of protein and fiber due to the chickpea flour. Chickpea flour can be prepared at home, bought through the internet or in large supermarkets. On my website, I offer more tasty recipes from chickpea flour (pasta, cookies, socca, dumplings, muffins) and I warmly recommend it - it is easy to work with and has perfect nutritional values. In addition, it's just a milled chickpea, that is a healthy legume. However, if you want to make these pancakes with another flour, I recommend using buckwheat or whole-wheat flour.
These chickpea pancakes can be served as a sandwich, filled pancakes, filled with meat or eat alone as savory pancakes - they are really delicious in any form. I filled my two pancakes with tuna, avocado, corn, lettuce, spinach and tomato, and served it as a filled sandwich. You can also add dried tomatoes or finely chopped olives into the pancake dough.
- In a bowl, mix chickpea flour with water, ground flaxseeds, grated cheese, basil and salt.
- You can also mix in optional ingredients such as finely chopped olives or dried tomatoes.
- Pour batter onto a non-stick pan using approximately 1/2 cup for each pancake, and bake the pancake on each side, until golden.
- You should get 4 pancakes out of the recipe, but you can make them smaller or bigger.
- Fill the pancakes with ingredients to taste. Serve warm.
|Preparation time||15 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 piece|