Skinny Zucchini "Spaghetti" with Tuna Sauce
Zucchini spaghetti (also called zoodles) is the perfect diet alternative to classic pasta made of flour. And along with this simple but healthy tuna sauce, they make a perfect pair. It's just a great fitness meal that you can enjoy without any guilt.
The zucchini is amazingly versatile and healthy ingredient, which as I hope, will convince you with this recipe. To create zucchini spaghetti, you will need either an ordinary potato peeler or a spiralizer. However, I recommend buying a spiraliz er, you can use it for other vegetables as well and you will probably find it in every shop with household needs or on the internet (I recommend this one) .
One of the huge advantages of these skinny zucchini "spaghetti" with tuna sauce is that the food is low in calories (only 161 kcal per serving), low carbohydrate and at the same time rich in protein, which is in fact a rare combination. Moreover, the recipe doesn't require a lot of ingredients and is done within 10 minutes. This tasty and easy meal full of protein is perfect as a healthy lunch or dinner, especially if you are looking for something lighter and it is also a perfect meal for weight loss.
- Wash zucchinis and cut them into strands using a peeler. If you don’t have a peeler, you can simply grate them.
- In a small pot, mix tomato purée with some water (the less water, the denser a sauce you’ll get).
- When desired sauce consistency is achieved, stir in tuna and spices to taste, and cook thoroughly.
- Let boil and then pour the sauce over zucchini “spaghetti”.
- I recommend sprinkling the meal with cheese and fresh basil at the end.
|Preparation time||10 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 serving|