Breakfast Oatmeal Bars with a Fruit Filling
Easy and tasty recipe for rich and healthy breakfast or a morning snack full of complex carbohydrates that will provide you with the energy needed for morning. If you are tired of oats in the form of breakfast cereals or mash, try this sugar-free, fat-free and flour-free variation. They are only sweetened with fruit, therefore they have a pleasant, slightly sweet taste. I believe you will love these healthy homemade oatmeal bars at least as much as I do.
Only a few basic ingredients and a few minutes of time will be sufficient for their preparation. You can use any favorite fruit (for example strawberries, raspberries, apricots, cherries or apples). They contain a low amount of fat, and are rich in fiber.
You can always customize this recipe to your own taste, season it with cinnamon, cardamom or gingerbread spice, and every time try out different fruit filling, depending on the season. Use bananas as ripe as possible to prepare the dough. If you would like to prepare these breakfast oatmeal bars as a dessert, in an even more sweet version, you can add 1 or 2 teaspoons of honey or stevia into the dough.
Prepare these diet filled oatmeal bars one day in advance and pack as a morning snack, and maybe you will enjoy your work or school even more :)
- 3 cups oats (I recommend these)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 ½ cup applesauce (sugarfree)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon (I recommend this one)
- 1 ½ cup fruit (e.g. berries)
- 1 banana
- ½ cup applesauce (sugarfree)
- Mix together oats, mashed banana, applesauce, and cinnamon.
- Spread half of this mixture into a baking form. Choose the form size according to desired thickness of bars.
- Prepare the filling.
- Using a hand blender, blend fruit, banana, and applesauce.
- When done, spread the mixture on oats.
- Cover the filling with the rest of the oat mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius (350 °F) for 30 to 35 minutes until brown.
- Leave to cool and cut into bars.
- I recommend leaving them in the refrigerator overnight – they will be firmer the following day.
|Preparation time||45 minutes|
|Nutritional information / 1 slice|
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowLow FatVegetarianBreakfastHealthy DessertsDairy-freeEgg-FreeOatsBreakfast Oat RecipesLow Calorie Dessert RecipesHealthy Vegan Dessert RecipesEgg-Free Dessert RecipesHealthy High Fiber DessertsHealthy Oatmeal Dessert RecipesLow Fat Snack RecipesHigh Fiber Oat RecipesHealthy Sugar-Free Oat RecipesLow Fat Recipes with OatsHealthy Vegan Recipes with Oats
I am a fit food wizard nutritionist and I conjure up these healthy and tasty fitness recipes.
My goal is to show you that eating healthy can be easy-breezy.