Chocolate Tofu Cream Parfaits
Tasty and also healthy chocolate tofu cream parfaits, that you can enjoy for breakfast or as a healthy dessert. They are excellent and very suitable, for example, for visitors that favor a healthy diet rich in vitamins and proteins and also if they like unusual combinations.
Tofu has many forms and one of them is its simple use in sweet recipes. Because it easily absorbs the flavors of other ingredients that it is paired with in the recipes, you cannot even taste it in the sweet foods. And in this healthy recipe, thanks to cocoa and honey, tofu turns into a tasty chocolate cream. Plain yogurt and banana will also help with its creamy consistency.
The basis of the parfait is a tasty raw batter made of oats, carrot, apple, honey and cinnamon. The top of this batter is covered with the chocolate tofu cream. Between these two layers you will find strawberries that will lovely join all the flavors in this healthy dessert.
These healthy parfaits with tofu cream are gluten-free, rich in protein and also rich in lots of vitamins and minerals, with calcium, iron and magnesium taking a leading role. In case you would like to reduce the carbohydrate content and overall calories in the recipe, you can replace part of honey with stevia or xylitol (I recommend this one) .
- In a blender, blend together the ingredients for the oat base.
- When ingredients are thoroughly combined, layer this mixture to the bottom of glasses or bowls, and serve cut strawberries on top.
- Blend together all ingredients for the tofu cream.
- When the cream has no lumps and all the ingredients are combined, spoon it into the glasses.
- Decorate with shredded coconut or fruit, and place into a refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
|Preparation time||10 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 serving|