Fettuccine with light cauliflower-garlic sauce
Perfect fettuccine with light cauliflower-garlic sauce, pea pods, and tuna. Cauliflower replaced the heavy cream in the recipe, which made the meal much lighter, added fiber and protein, and significantly reduced the fat content and total caloric value of the meal. You will surely fall in love with this healthy food!
Excellent in taste and full of vitamins and minerals - pasta can be all this if you prepare it from the right ingredients. Fit cauliflower sauce is great for pasta, and if you haven't tried it yet, be sure to give it a chance. It is deliciously creamy and wonderfully flavorful - especially with the use of baked garlic. However, it is mainly nutrient-dense and, compared to heavy cream, undoubtedly healthier, more satiating, and lighter on the stomach. This relatively low-fat and low-calorie lunch will delight all pasta lovers. Served with peas and tuna, it is truly satiating and irresistible. In addition, this healthy pasta with cauliflower-garlic sauce is also rich in fiber and protein.
Prepare fettuccine, or any other favorite type of pasta, along with this fit cauliflower sauce with garlic - it will definitely be a success!
- 300g of whole wheat fettuccine (or other type) pasta (I recommend this one)
- 1 medium cauliflower head
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 100g of grated parmesan
- 150ml of water
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1 tsp of olive oil (I recommend this one)
- 300g of canned tuna (in its own juice) (I recommend this one)
- 200g of pea pods
- Bake garlic before starting cooking. Baking the garlic brings the dish to a completely new dimension of flavors.
- Put garlic cloves in tinfoil (preferably whole), pour a teaspoon of olive oil over them, wrap them in the foil and bake for 30 minutes at 200 degrees.
- Clean the cauliflower, wash it, and disassemble into florets.
- Let the florets of cauliflower cook in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Strain the cooked cauliflower keeping 150ml of the water and blend it together with the water in a blender.
- Add sea salt, ground black pepper, baked garlic, parmesan, and blend until smooth.
- After blending, taste the sauce and, if necessary, season to taste.
- Cook fettuccine or other wholegrain pasta in boiling salted water until soft, about 10-12 minutes.
- Wash the pea pods, finely chop them and cook them in boiling water until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Strain the cooked pasta, mix it with cauliflower sauce, pea pods, and tuna (without the juice).
- Serve warm.
|Preparation time||60 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 serving|