Fit Mac & Cheese in cauliflower sauce
Lighter, fit version of Mac & Cheese in cauliflower sauce with cheddar cheese, thanks to which you can enjoy the real taste of this dish, with a significantly lower fat and energy content but with higher protein content compared to the original. Pasta lovers will fall for this simple and healthy recipe immediately.
Tasty, healthy, and satiating meal, suitable for lunch in any home - great for vegetarians, pasta lovers, and especially for Mac & Cheese lovers. Creamy, melting on the tongue dish full of flavor in an easier to digest and healthier version, which, unlike the original, is great for your figure as well. Healthy cauliflower sauce is no surprise in my recipes. We have already prepared it with pasta in these recipes: Fettuccine with light cauliflower-garlic sauce , . If you haven't tried it yet, do it now. This healthy recipe for Mac & Cheese might be the perfect premiere.
In this fit recipe, I recommend using wholemeal pasta, but you can also use other types according to your taste - for example, gluten-free, corn, spelt, or buckwheat. Choose your favorite version and enjoy this great, fairly weight-loss-friendly food full of fiber and protein. Fit Mac & Cheese in cauliflower pasta sauce is ready in no time and you will lick your plate as well as your fingers after eating it.
- 500g of wholegrain pasta (elbow macaroni) (I recommend this one)
- 1 medium cauliflower head
- 200g of cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp of sweet ground paprika
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper
- Clean the cauliflower, wash it, and disassemble it into florets.
- Let the florets of cauliflower cook in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Strain the cauliflower leaving 150 ml of the water it was cooked in. Put the cauliflower in a blender together with the water.
- Add sea salt, spices, cheddar to the blender, and blend the mixture until smooth.
- After blending, taste the sauce and, if necessary, season to taste.
- Cook the whole-grain pasta in boiling salted water until soft.
- After cooking the pasta, strain it and mix it with the prepared sauce.
|Preparation time||35 minutes|
|Nutritional information / 1 serving|
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowHigh ProteinVegetarianHigh Protein Dinner and Lunch RecipesHigh Protein Vegetable Recipes
I am a fit food wizard nutritionist and I conjure up these healthy and tasty fitness recipes.
My goal is to show you that eating healthy can be easy-breezy.
✉️ Send me your favorite recipe.
Email it to me and I will be happy to try it and publish it.