Gluten-Free Superfood Bars
These tasty no-bake gluten-free superfood bars hide in so-called "superfoods" that will give you a lot of health benefits and valuable energy. Take them with you on trips, hiking, to work or school, or whenever you need a proper energy boost!
You can find ingredients such as quinoa, chia seeds, almonds, coconut, cashew nuts and flaxseed in these healthy homemade bars. Therefore, they are rich in potassium, healthy fats, but also rich in fiber, proteins and omega-3 fatty acids. These healthy bars are juicy but crunchy on the outside as well.
You can easily prepare almond flour at home by blending or grinding almonds into the flour. I also recommend to grind flaxseed at home, freshly ground flaxseed retains much more nutrients than those ground from the store. For vegan version, just replace honey with maple syrup, or agave.
These healthy bars are very easy to prepare, everyone can handle it. You can enjoy them as a dessert or a nutritious snack during the day to replenish valuable energy.
- 2 bananas
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds (I recommend these)
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseeds (I recommend these)
- ½ cup almond flour (I recommend this one)
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup almonds (chopped into pieces) (I recommend these)
- 2 Tbsp honey (I recommend this one)
- ¼ cup quinoa (dry) (I recommend this one)
- ¾ cup cashews (chopped into pieces) (I recommend these)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- raisins, cranberries (optional)
- Cook quinoa in water as instructed.
- Mash bananas with a fork or blend in a blender. Fold in all remaining ingredients, including cooked quinoa, and mix thoroughly.
- Press this mixture into the bottom of a pan. Choose the pan size according to desired size and thickness of bars. If dough sticks to the pan, line with parchment paper. Refrigerate dough overnight so it sets, and cut into bars the next morning. If the dough breaks, cut into smaller bars.
|Preparation time||15 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 serving|