Pumpkin Gnocchi with Chicken and Cheesy Sauce
Try these tasty chicken pieces served with pumpkin gnocchi and a simple cheesy sauce. It shouldn't take more than 35 minutes to prepare them. As a result, you get a tasty, healthy and nutritionally balanced meal.
If you just cannot find the pumpkin, you can also prepare these gnocchi out of sweet potatoes. Chickpea flour gives them a fine nutty flavor and enriches them with protein and fiber. However, if you want to replace the chickpea flour, you can use whole-wheat flour instead. The food is supplemented by a simple cheesy sauce with paprika, which will only require 3 ingredients to prepare.
These tasty pumpkin gnocchi (dumplings) are flour-free and egg-free, therefore also celiacs and people allergic to eggs can enjoy it. They have a great sweet taste, that goes well with both savory and sweet meals. You can enjoy the gnocchi with meat and sauce, alone just sprinkled with chopped nuts, with tomato purée, cranberry sauce or sour cream.
- 400g (14oz) chicken breasts
- spices (to taste)
- 1 tsp. coconut oil (I recommend this one)
- 200g (7oz) pumpkin purée (or sweet potato purée)
- 1 cup chickpea flour (I recommend this one)
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseeds (I recommend these)
- ¼ tsp. sea salt (I recommend this one)
- a pinch of ground black pepper
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup grated cheese
- ½ tsp. red paprika
- In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the gnocchi.
- If the dough is too sticky, add some more chickpea flour.
- Let the dough sit for 5 minutes and then shape the dough into long, thin rolls and cut them into small pieces.
- Place gnocchi into boiling water.
- Gnocchi are done when they rise to the top.
- Drain cooked gnocchi and sauté them in a little bit of coconut oil in a pan until they turn brown.
- Wash chicken breasts, cut them into pieces, and grill on a pan until golden.
- Add spices to taste (steak spices or black pepper with sea salt).
- The preparation of the sauce is very easy – mix milk, grated cheese, and red paprika in a pot.
- Cook sauce until all the cheese is melted and the sauce is thickened.
|Preparation time||35 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 serving|