Simple risotto with beetroot and goat cheese
Delicious and simple creamy risotto with beetroot and goat cheese, which can be served as is or, for example, with braised salmon on butter. Don't be afraid of the beetroot taste in this meal, thanks to the goat cheese it will be deliciously subtle. This colorful and flavorful meal will really surprise you. Beetroot with rice and goat cheese is a really interesting combination. If you are trying to lose weight or eat healthily, you can indulge in this simple and nutritious fit recipe for risotto with beetroot and goat cheese without remorse.
Cook the beetroot unpeeled, it will preserve more nutrients. Thanks to the beetroot, the rice acquires a beautiful, reddish-pink color and a whole range of new flavors. That's why goat cheese, which has a pungent aroma and a salty, creamy taste, is ideal for this healthy risotto. You can serve it together with your favorite lettuce, arugula, spring onion, or spinach. You can also use this creamy risotto as a side dish to braised salmon or grilled chicken breast. This fit risotto with beetroot and goat cheese has become a staple in our healthy menu at home.
Try this simple beetroot risotto and don't forget to also let the kids taste it. Wouldn't they like such a spectrum of colors on a plate rather than classic white rice? I definitely would.
1 cup = 250 ml
- 2 cups of rice
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 250g of cooked beetroot
- 2 onions
- 1 tbsp of olive oil (I recommend this one)
- 200g of soft goat cheese
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- In a deep pot, lightly fry the finely chopped onion in hot oil.
- Add rice, shortly fry it with the onion and pour vegetable broth over it.
- Cook the rice until soft.
- Before the rice is cooked, mix finely chopped cooked beetroot into it.
- When the rice is ready, mix in the goat cheese.
- Season the risotto with salt and ground black pepper.
- Risotto can be served sprinkled with arugula or baby spinach, you can also add, for example, braised salmon.
|Preparation time||30 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 serving|