Skinny Rice Pudding with Almonds
I present to you the best recipe for skinny rice pudding so far (otherwise known as rice in milk or milk rice) with high protein content. One big and rich serving of this fitness rice pudding contains 260 kcal and up to 18 g of protein. If you like sweet recipes with rice, definitely try this milk rice with almonds, it is one of my favorite recipes.
I love the flavor of creamy rice, overcooked in milk. But in order to achieve delicious flavor, high-fat cream is very often used in milk rice recipes. Therefore, to keep it creamy, but also convert the recipe into a fit version and receive favorable nutritional values, I mixed low-fat greek yogurt into this rice, instead of heavy cream, This will additionally enrich the meal with proteins. If you would like to prepare it in even more diet and more fitness version, you can replace the honey with stevia or protein powder (but in this case, it will be much thicker). At the end I like to add in hot cherries or sour cherries to this healthy rice pudding, as it will raise its taste up.
This healthy, creamy milk rice is awesome if served still warm, but cooled as well. I like to prepare it as a healthy breakfast or dessert. Its irresistible creamy flavor with crunchy pieces of almonds and sweet cherries caress will take you to heaven. Be sure to try it out, I'm sure that even the smallest ones will love it.
- In a pot, boil 100ml water.
- Add rinsed rice and cook until rice absorbs all the water (approximately 5 minutes).
- Next, add milk, vanilla seeds, and raisins and cook over medium heat until the rice absorbs all the milk.
- The rice should get sticky.
- When done, remove from heat, mix in honey to taste, and leave to cool down completely (preferably in refrigerator).
- Lastly, add chopped almonds and mix with Greek yogurt.
- Serve cold, preferably with hot cherry sauce.
|Preparation time||25 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 serving|