Spelt chocolate crepes with ricotta and hot raspberries
This perfect combination of spelt chocolate crepes with ricotta-quark filling with a little coconut and hot raspberries will sweep you off your feet. If you like sweet dishes, these crepes will become your favorite healthy recipe. These healthy crepes made of spelt flour with quark-coconut cream are an ideal weekend breakfast.
Whole-grain spelt flour can be digested better than standard white flour and contains more protein and fiber. The preparation of these chocolate crepes is classically simple. Slather the finished crepes with cream of ricotta, quark (or cream-cheese), and coconut - an amazing combination, which is perfect with these chocolate crepes. The hot raspberries on the top are the cherry on the cake - well, the raspberry :)
If you cannot find quark in stores, you can alternatively use cream cheese instead. And instead of spelt flour, whole-wheat flour can be used as well. Of course, you can also serve these spelt chocolate crepes in a different version. Choose fruit and filling cream according to your taste. However, I highly recommend trying this combination as well - I believe you will love it.
- For the crepes:
- 600ml of milk
- 250g of fine whole-grain spelt flour (or whole-wheat flour) (I recommend this one)
- 3 tbsp of cocoa powder (I recommend this one)
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- For the filling:
- 150g of ricotta (low-fat)
- 200g of soft quark (or low-fat cream cheese)
- 2 tbsp of honey/maple syrup (I recommend this one)
- 2 tbsp of shredded coconut
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract (or vanilla bean)
- 250g of frozen raspberries
- In a bowl, mix spelt flour with cocoa and a pinch of salt.
- Add the remaining ingredients for crepes and mix the batter thoroughly with a whisk. If it is too thin, add a little more flour (the consistency may vary depending on the flour used) and vice versa, if it is too thick, add a little more milk or water.
- Portion the finished batter to a heated non-stick pan (if necessary, gently oil it at the beginning) and fry the crepes from both sides until golden.
- In the meantime, mix all the ingredients for the filling (except raspberries) together in a bowl.
- Spread the resulting cream on the prepared crepes and then fold/roll them up and place them on a plate.
- Heat the raspberries and pour them over the prepared pancakes.
|Preparation time||30 minutes|
|Nutritional information /|
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowHigh ProteinVegetarianBreakfastHealthy DessertsEggEgg Breakfast RecipesHigh Protein Dinner and Lunch RecipesHigh Protein Dessert RecipesHealthy High Fiber DessertsHigh Protein Coconut Recipes
✉️ Send me your favorite recipe.
Email it to me and I will be happy to try it and publish it.