The Best Fitness Tuna Omelet
This is a perfect recipe for fitness breakfast or dinner for everyone, as it is very rich in protein and contains a low amount of carbohydrates – actually, almost none (only 4 g per serving). If you are already overeaten with pure tuna, try this delicious fitness tuna omelet - I believe you will enjoy it :)
You will definitely fall in love with this breakfast combining delicious omelet with melted cheese and creamy tuna filling. In addition, one serving contains only 218 kcal! But don't be dissuaded, even though it is a diet meal, this perfect tuna omelet will definitely make you a pleasant surprise by its taste and it really will satiate you. Such a fitness omelet is simply a perfect start of a new day. Complete it with your favorite vegetables and great nutritionally valuable breakfast is on a table.
Eggs are a valuable part of a healthy and balanced diet because they provide high quality protein and a whole range of vitamins (A, E, D and K, vitamins B) and minerals (especially phosphorus, iron, zinc and sulfur). Egg consumption is beneficial in weight control, brain health, eye function, and optimal health condition during pregnancy. Studies have shown that egg consumption for breakfast increases the feeling of satiety, what results in lower calorie intake per day. It is a relatively inexpensive and nutritionally valuable meal that is also beneficial for the muscle growth and better skin condition.
- 200g (7oz) tuna in water (I recommend this one)
- ⅓ onion
- 5 Tbsp white Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped celery or other vegetables
- chopped parsley
- 1 to 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 6 eggs
- 50 ml milk (of your own choice)
- 2 tsp. coconut oil (I recommend this one)
- 50g (1.7oz) grated cheese
- ¼ tsp. sea salt (I recommend this one)
- pinch of ground black pepper
- Mix together all ingredients for tuna salad.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a different bowl.
- In a pan, melt 1 spoonful of oil and pour in half of the prepared egg mixture. If you’re using a non-stick frying pan of good quality, oil is not necessary.
- While still in a pan, sprinkle the omelet with half of the grated cheese and let it melt.
- When the omelet is done, take it out of the pan and spread with half of the tuna salad.
- Following the same directions to prepare the second omelet.
|Preparation time||15 minutes|
|Nutritional information / 1 serving|
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowSugar-FreeLow CalorieDinner and LunchGluten-FreeNut-FreeTunaTuna Dinner and Lunch RecipesHigh Protein Breakfast RecipesLow Calorie Breakfast RecipesLow Calorie Dinner and Lunch RecipesVegetarian Dinner and Lunch RecipesHealthy Low Carb Tuna RecipesGluten-Free Tuna RecipesHigh Protein Egg RecipesLow Calorie Egg Recipes for Weight Loss
✉️ Send me your favorite recipe.
Email it to me and I will be happy to try it and publish it.