Fit scrambled eggs with cauliflower and leek
Fit scrambled eggs with cauliflower and leek prove once more that there is beauty in simplicity. The recipe is quite simple and yet full of flavors and nutrients. Delicious scrambled eggs with cauliflower will be ready within 15 minutes.
Fit scrambled eggs with cauliflower and leeks are low-carb and although you will find 15 g of fat in one serving, they contain relatively few calories. They are ideal for dinner - whether in terms of nutrition or satiety. They are sufficiently filling even without bread, but at the same time, they do not feel heavy on the stomach.
You do not need to pre-cook the cauliflower. All you have to do is cut it finely and then fry it until soft in a pan before adding eggs to it. Believe me, it's a wonderfully yummy meal. And when fresh herbs are added to scrambled eggs, they are downright irresistible. Chives, oregano, basil, or even dill go well with them.
I think that I will not make any other type of scrambled eggs in the near future. Fit cauliflower scrambled eggs with leeks are now my clear favorite. You can serve them on their own, with vegetables, or with whole wheat bread. Bon appetit! :)
- 6 eggs
- 400g of cauliflower
- 1/2 of leek
- 1 tsp of oil or butter (I recommend this one)
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- pinch of ground black pepper and ground cumin
- fresh herbs (to taste)
- In a larger pan, lightly fry the chopped leeks in hot oil or butter.
- Add very finely chopped cauliflower and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Using a fork, scramble the eggs in the mug.
- Add the scrambled eggs to the cauliflower.
- Salt and season the mixture, and cook the scrambled eggs stirring constantly until they thicken, for about 3 minutes. The eggs must still be a little shiny after cooking so that they are not dry.
- In the end, mix in fresh herbs and serve the scrambled eggs.
|Preparation time||15 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 serving|