Light Chicken Sandwich in Salad with Avocado Dressing
This light chicken sandwich in salad with avocado dressing is basically fit chicken salad in a playful, modified form - using iceberg lettuce leaves, you can roll it into a sandwich or roll. No pastry. Sandwich is therefore suitable for both lunch and as a light, but filling dinner.
Thanks to its beneficial nutritional values, this recipe will perhaps delight all lovers of healthy lifestyle, but also bodybuilders and fitness women. Chicken breasts are a common ingredient in their menu, so why not to enjoy them in this tasty combination? Healthy avocado dressing is an easy recipe to follow, it contains only avocado, yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper. No mayonnaise or oil full of fats. Avocado additionally supplies body with the necessary healthy fats, vitamins and minerals. And if you would like to add a source of complex carbohydrates to this salad, I recommend mixing it with quinoa.
Try out this amazing tasty and easy recipe, I believe you will love the taste :)
- 400g (14oz) chicken breasts
- 100g (3.5oz) mushrooms
- ½ onion
- 30g (1oz) mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (I recommend this one)
- spices (to taste)
- handful of spinach
- 6 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 50g (1.7oz) corn
- ½ avocado
- 4 Tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp. apple vinegar
- sea salt, spices (to taste)
- In a pan, cook chicken breasts, together with mushrooms and onion, in coconut oil until golden.
- Season with salt and spices, to taste.
- Mix all ingredients for avocado dressing together and blend in a blender until smooth.
- When done, put dressing aside.
- Wash iceberg lettuce leaves. On each plate, put two dried leaves - one on the top of another so the “sandwich” won’t fall apart.
- Layer washed spinach (or other vegetables), corn, and chicken breasts with mushrooms onto the lettuce leaves.
- Pour the dressing over the sandwich and sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll them so that the filling doesn’t fall out of the “sandwich”.
|Preparation time||20 minutes|
|Nutritional information / 1 serving|
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowHigh ProteinLow CarbohydrateSaladEgg-FreeAvocadogluten free dinner and lunch recipeslow carb dinner and lunch recipesEgg-Free Dinner and Lunch RecipesHigh Protein Dinner and Lunch RecipesHealthy Chicken Dinner and Lunch RecipesLow Calorie Salad RecipesHigh Protein Chicken RecipesLow Carb chicken recipesGluten-Free Chicken RecipesLow Calorie Chicken Recipes for Weight LossHigh Protein Avocado RecipesLow Calorie Avocado RecipesHigh Protein Vegetable Recipes
I am a fit food wizard nutritionist and I conjure up these healthy and tasty fitness recipes.
My goal is to show you that eating healthy can be easy-breezy.
✉️ Send me your favorite recipe.
Email it to me and I will be happy to try it and publish it.