Cheesy tofu with couscous and tuna
Enjoy this delicious tofu with baked cheese along with perfectly flavored couscous and tuna. Perfect lunch or dinner high in protein, vitamins, and minerals, prepared in half an hour. I present you another nutritious food low in fat and calories, which fits into the diet of really anyone - it does not contain eggs or nuts and you can prepare a meatless version by simply omitting tuna.
Tasty toasted tofu is an absolute delicacy - those who like it will agree with me. Personally, I like the smoked version the most, and I recommend you try it as well, as it has a delicate, nutty taste. Together with mozzarella, it is soft, juicy, and full of flavor. Preparing couscous may seem easy, but preparing truly delicious couscous may require a little concentration. Season the couscous with these spices and you will see for yourself what a great taste such an unusual mixture of spices can whip up.
This healthy dish is great for lunch or even dinner, and if you are not a vegetarian, you can add tuna in juice. Garnish the cheesy tofu with couscous and tuna with leafy vegetables and serve warm.
- 400g of bio tofu (smoked is the best for this recipe)
- 100g of grated mozzarella
- 2 cups (2 x 250 ml) of couscous (I recommend this one)
- 250g tuna in juice (I recommend this one)
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- couscous seasoning:
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 1/4 tsp of coriander
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of turmeric
- pinch of ground black pepper
- pinch of allspice
- pinch of cinnamon (I recommend this one)
- pinch of thyme
- Pour 4 cups of water over the couscous, add seasoning and salt, and cook until soft.
- Cut the tofu into smaller pieces and fry it in a dry, heated pan until golden.
- In the end, sprinkle the tofu with grated cheese and let it melt over a low flame.
- Mix the cooked couscous with cheesy tofu and tuna, you can add lettuce and serve.
|Preparation time||25 minutes|
|Nutritional information / 1 serving|
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowSugar-FreeLow CalorieDinner and LunchNut-FreeTunaCouscousTuna Dinner and Lunch RecipesLow Calorie Dinner and Lunch RecipesVegetarian Dinner and Lunch RecipesLow Fat Tuna RecipesLow Calorie Tofu Recipes for Weight LossLow Calorie Couscous Recipes for Weight LossLow Fat Couscous Recipes
✉️ Send me your favorite recipe.
Email it to me and I will be happy to try it and publish it.