Flourless Low Calorie Spinach Sandwich
The recipe for this flourless low calorie spinach sandwich came into existence, when a dough for protein spinach roll didn't work out good, because it was less smooth than it should be, so I had to improvise again. Obviously this is how it should be, otherwise I would never know how awesome this healthy spinach sandwich can be!
In addition, it can take pride in high protein content and a low carbohydrate and low calorie content.
If you like spinach, definitely try this recipe. You can fill it with any optional ingredients you like. I have summed up my most favorite ones in the list of ingredients.
Spinach is one of the most nutritious foods in the world and also has very few calories. One cup of this leafy vegetable contains more than the recommended daily allowance of vitamin K (which strengthens bones) and vitamin A (necessary for body growth and development, especially for healthy bones and teeth), almost the whole allowance for manganese and folic acid (which help to reduce the risk of stroke) and 40% of magnesium (helps to keep a healthy blood pressure). Spinach also consists of many other nutrients, including fiber, calcium, and protein. One cup of raw spinach has less than ten kilocalories – one of its best advantages! Spinach is also used as a prevention of cancer, since it contains more than ten different flavonoids, which have antioxidant properties. Due to its content of beta-carotene and lutein, it’s also beneficial for our eyes.
- 250g (9oz) fresh spinach
- 3 eggs
- black pepper, onion/garlic powder
- Optional filling:
- lettuce, tomatoes
- cottage cheese, white yogurt
- tuna (I recommend this one)
- Wash spinach and leave to drain. In a blender, blend spinach with eggs until smooth.
- Pour the dough into a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Choose the pan size according to desired dough thickness.
- Bake the spinach dough at 200 degrees Celsius (390 °F) for 20 to 25 minutes.
- When done, leave to cool and then cut in halves.
- Put the filling on one half and cover by the second one.
- Cut diagonally and serve.
|Preparation time||30 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 serving|