Healthy Tuna Sandwich (Gluten-Free)
This is one of my favorite tuna recipes at all. Tuna is used in a sandwich (or pastry) dough. We can conjure up fit pastry with high protein content thanks to it, and it's even completely gluten-free.
For this recipe you will need only 3 basic ingredients - tuna, egg and a little flour. Finish the dough only with pepper and salt. I used naturally gluten-free, chickpea flour, but you can prepare the sandwich from any flour in the same amount (e.g. whole-wheat, oat, buckwheat, pea).
I love a variety of healthy pizzas, which dough is made of vegetables or tuna , and this meal belongs into the same category for me. Even in this case, you can fill the sandwich dough with any ingredients you like. It can be vegetables, high quality ham, pickles, avocado, scrambled eggs or your favorite salad. I believe you can enjoy this healthy tuna sandwich in any way.
This fitness tuna sandwich is low in calories, rich in omega-3 fatty acids and one serving contains only 8g of carbohydrates. It will fill you up even more than traditional pastry. I like to serve it mostly for dinner, or occasionally I pack it as a morning snack or for travel.
- Drain tuna and mix it with the egg and 3 tablespoons of flour.
- Add spices and salt to taste.
- Pour the dough into a small baking form lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius (350 °F ) for 10 to 15 minutes.
- When done, cut the dough into halves, fill with your favorite filling and cut diagonally.
- Serve the sandwich warm or cold.
|Preparation time||20 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 serving|