Low Carb Tuna-Avocado Pizza with Poached Egg
Delicious, healthy, low carb tuna-avocado pizza with poached egg, with high protein and low carbohydrate content. Enjoy it for breakfast, lunch or dinner, it tastes the best while still warm. This healthy tuna pizza is one of my most favorite fitness recipes at all.
Pizza crust is unconventionally made out of tuna, eggs, water and chickpea flour, so it is possible to prepare it completely gluten-free. However, if you don't have chickpea flour at home, you can replace it with any other flour to maintain the right consistency. Spread the mashed avocado on the baked pizza crust and decorate the top of the pizza with a perfectly cooked poached egg and dried tomatoes. Trust me, this healthy meal tastes even better than it looks. In addition to the perfect taste, you can also look forward to outstanding nutritional values. This low carb pizza contains rich amount of protein, fiber and healthy fats. 2 servings come out of one pizza and they are filling enough, but of course, if you are very hungry, you can indulge yourself with the entire pizza without remorse.
Already 1 serving of this healthy low carb pizza is quite rich in selenium, phosphorus, zinc, B vitamins, iron, magnesium and vitamins D, A and E.
If you love pizza and tuna dishes in any way, try this playful variation full of protein, it will certainly not disappoint you.
- In a bowl, mix together tuna drained of juice, 2 eggs, water, chickpea (or any other) flour, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dough into a round cake pan (about 22 cm (8.7 inch) in diameter) lined with parchment paper or sprayed with oil.
- Bake the dough for 15-20 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius (356 degrees Fahrenheit) until golden.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado with a fork.
- Add a pinch of ground black pepper.
- Spread the avocado puree on a baked pizza crust.
- Finally, prepare a poached egg. In a smaller pot, let the water boil and then reduce the flame to a minimum so that water stops simmering.
- Stir the water to create a gentle whirlpool and then slowly tip the cracked egg into the centre.
- Let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Then lift the egg out with a slotted spoon, place it in the middle of the pizza and cut gently.
- For the best effect, it is recommended to use fresh eggs.
- At the end, we can top off the pizza with dried tomatoes.
|Preparation time||30 minutes|
|Nutritional information /|
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowSugar-FreeHigh FiberDinner and LunchGluten-FreeNut-FreeTunadairy free breakfast recipesTuna Dinner and Lunch RecipesHigh Protein Breakfast Recipesdairy free dinner and lunch recipesHigh Fiber Breakfast RecipesHealthy Low Carb Tuna RecipesGluten-Free Tuna RecipesLow Carb Avocado RecipesGluten-Free Avocado RecipesHigh Protein Egg Recipes
I am a fit food wizard nutritionist and I conjure up these healthy and tasty fitness recipes.
My goal is to show you that eating healthy can be easy-breezy.
✉️ Send me your favorite recipe.
Email it to me and I will be happy to try it and publish it.