Fitness Salad with Tuna, Peas and Cheese
Easy, quick and healthy fitness salad with tuna, peas and cheese. If you don't have the time to prepare a warm lunch or dinner, just stir tuna, yogurt and vegetables together and season to your taste. As waving a magic wand, you'll have a nutritious meal on a table that is rich in protein, and low in calories and fat content. Another idea for a super healthy salad.
I just love tuna recipes. Its usability is truly versatile - it suits into salads, as pasta topping, and even as a basis for flatbreads or pizza dough ( Fitness Tuna Pizza Crust ). Tuna is a great ingredient because it contains almost pure proteins, but it can also supply your body with a lot of omega-3 fatty acids. Moreover, this is one of the ingredients that every healthy food lover or athlete has at home right now.
You can, of course, change the amount of ingredients, as well as their kind, according to your preferences. I like this salad in this composition, but you can also add in some olives, cucumber pieces or hard-boiled egg. This fitness vegetable salad with tuna can be served per se, but also with whole-wheat bread or even whole-wheat tortillas. Thanks to used tuna and yogurt, the salad is also suitable as filling for flatbreads or tortillas.
- 150 g (5.3 oz) tuna in olive oil (I recommend this one)
- 100 g (3.5 oz) plain Greek yogurt
- 100 g (3.5 oz) peas
- 50 g (1.8 oz) corn
- 40 g (1.4 oz) grated cheese (mozzarella)
- 2 handfuls of lettuce
- 5 pickles
- 1 tomato
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 1 Tbsp ketchup (sugar-free)
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- Wash salad under running water and chop it finely.
- In a bowl, combine it with all other ingredients and toss thoroughly.
- The salad tastes the best right after preparation.
|Preparation time||10 minutes|
|Nutritional information/ 1 serving|