Low-carb zucchini noodles with cheese sauce and tuna
Low-carb zucchini noodles with cheese sauce and tuna are now my number 1 choice, if I want a diet-friendly, tasty, and light meal full of protein within 10 minutes. These noodles hide a flavor combination of creamy, cheese-garlic sauce, crunchy zucchini noodles, and a distinctive tuna flavor, rich in protein and omega 3 fatty acids. So if you want to save some of those calories and at the same time enjoy a flavorful light meal, definitely try this recipe - it is perfect as a healthy dinner.
I must admit that I did not have very high expectations from this recipe, but, after tasting it, I was really pleasantly surprised and I immediately fell in love. Although it is a low-calorie, low-carb, high-protein meal, despite these desirable nutritional values, its flavors complement each other so perfectly it will amaze you. Moreover, you only need 4 basic ingredients and a few spices to make it - incredible, right? It can be therefore concluded that these low carb zucchini noodles with cheese sauce and tuna is a very simple recipe to prepare. And what could be wrong with combining zucchini, cheese, tuna, and garlic in one recipe?
You will need a spiralizer (I recommend this one) to make these zucchini noodles. I prefer to serve them fresh because this way they are pleasantly crunchy and refreshing. However, if you prefer cooked zucchini, you can cook the zucchini noodles together with the sauce.
- 1 larger baby zucchini (approx. 400g)
- 80g of grated mozzarella (with low fat content)
- 250g of tuna (I recommend this one)
- 200ml of milk
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 clove of garlic
- Wash the zucchini, cut off the ends, and grate it into noodles/spaghetti using a spiralizer (I recommend this one) .
- Heat the milk in a pot, season it, salt it, add the pressed garlic, and grated mozzarella.
- Cook the sauce until the mozzarella melts and the sauce thickens (approximately 3 minutes).
- Pour finished cheese sauce over the zucchini noodles and add tuna without the brine.
- If you prefer zucchini noodles warm and softer rather than raw, just cook them in the sauce for a while before serving.
|Preparation time||15 minutes|
|Nutritional information / 1 serving|
For more related recipes, click on the categories belowHigh ProteinLow CarbohydrateLow FatSaladEgg-FreeZucchinigluten free dinner and lunch recipeslow carb dinner and lunch recipesEgg-Free Dinner and Lunch RecipesHigh Protein Dinner and Lunch RecipesLow Fat Dinner and Lunch RecipesLow Calorie Salad RecipesLow Fat Salad RecipesHealthy Zucchini Salad RecipesHealthy Tuna Salad RecipesHigh Protein Zucchini RecipesHealthy Low Carb Zucchini RecipesLow Calorie Zucchini Weight Loss RecipesLow Calorie Tuna RecipesHigh Protein Tuna RecipesHigh Protein Vegetable Recipes
I am a fit food wizard nutritionist and I conjure up these healthy and tasty fitness recipes.
My goal is to show you that eating healthy can be easy-breezy.
✉️ Send me your favorite recipe.
Email it to me and I will be happy to try it and publish it.